Follow the steps given below to migrate MS SQL database of Applications Manager to another MS SQL server:
1. Shutdown Applications Manager completely before the database migration.
a. Stop Applications Manager service.
b. Shutdown Applications Manager via command prompt by executing the following command from <Applications Manager Home> folder: shutdownApplicationsManager.bat -force
c. Repeat the same until you find the message "No processes related to the Applications Manager are Running"
2. Migrate the database to the new server.
3. Configuring Applications Manager to work with the database in new server.
a. Open notepad and edit the database_params.conf file present in both <Applications Manager Home>\working\conf\MSSQL\ and <Applications Manager Home>\working\conf\ directories and change the hostname, port, domain, instance name in the below line as applicable:
url jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://hostname:1433/AMDB;domain=domainname;instance=instancename;appName=ApplicationsManager AppModules TopoDB-MapDB-EventDB-AlertDB-PollDB-PolicyDB-USERSTORAGEDB-ApplnDB
- If you are not using windows authentication then 'domain=domainname' is not required.
- If you are not connecting to a named MS SQL instance then 'instance=instancename' is not required.
- By default, AMDB is the database name. If you have renamed or going to use a different database then you can enter appropriate database name, otherwise do not modify it.
b. Change the username to connect to the MS SQL server (if it has been changed) in the same file in the following line:
username monitoruser AppModules TopoDB-MapDB-EventDB-AlertDB-PollDB-PolicyDB-USERSTORAGEDB-ApplnDB
c. Change the password to connect to the MS SQL server (if it has been changed) in the same file in the following line:
encryptedpassword eK6q1CJ9697s7O AppModules TopoDB-MapDB-EventDB-AlertDB-PollDB-PolicyDB-USERSTORAGEDB-ApplnDB
To change the password, change the word encryptedpassword as password, then leave a space and then type the password in clear text. During next restart of the product password will be encrypted automatically.
d. Save and close the file.
Note: Take backup of the existing files before any modifications.
4. Start Applications Manager.