How can I upgrade the MySQL connector.jar?
For all the following issues mentioned below, the solution is same.
- Invalid authorization specification message from server.
- Unknown character set index for field '255' received from server.
- Communication link failure: javax.net.ssl.SSLException.
- Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server.
- Communication link failure, message from server: "Got packets out of order."
Solution: To update the latest mysql connector, follow these steps:
- If the .jar file is not present, you can download it from here (for MYSQL versions older than 5.6) or here (for MYSQL version 5.6 and newer).
- Rename the file as mysql_connector.jar
- In the machine where Applications Manager is running, copy the downloaded mysql_connector.jar to AppManager_home/working/mysql/MMMySQLDriver/ directory.
- Restart Applications Manager.
If MySQL server configured with 'SSL configuration' or MySQL server hosted on any cloud service then make sure to use of latest mysql_connector.jar.