Solution: Check whether the .NET Framework version 3.5 is enabled in the Applications Manager-installed server.
1. To verify, open Registry Editor using regedit command in Windows search in the Applications Manager-installed machine.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> NET Framework Setup -> NDP -> v3.5
3. Now check the value for the attribute 'Version' in the right side pane.
4. If v3.5 is not available, then .NET Framework version 3.5 might not be present in the Applications Manager server.
To verify the installation:
1. Open Server Manager in the Applications Manager-installed machine and choose Add Roles and Features option.
2. In the wizard opened, navigate till the Features option in the left pane and check if all of the .NET Framework 3.5 features are installed. If not, then select the option, click Next and install the features.
Reason for installation of .NET framework v3.5 alongside newer version of .NET framework:
1) .NET 4.x Framework inbuilt with Win2k12 has stopped exposing .NET types as COM interfaces, and requires v3.5 for these .NET types to be exposed and used in our scripts for data collection.
2) Windows automatically tries to install and use v3.5 when these .NET types are used in scripts, and fails because it requires enabling the feature through the Server Manager requiring manual intervention.
Reference for the above issue: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dsvc/2013/03/04/usage-of-net-collections-types-in-vbscript-is-not-supported-after-net-4-5/