Configuring JMX for Apache Tomcat
1. On your Tomcat host, open the start menu and click on Tomcat Configuration (alternatively, edit the catalina.bat or catalina.sh file)
2. Click on the Java tab, then add the following Java Options:
Where < TomcatHostName > is the hostname of your Tomcat server and < JMXPORT > is the port in which the JMX is set to be enabled.
3. Save the changes and restart Tomcat
4. If required, edit your host file in the Tomcat installed client, located at: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (for windows) and /etc/hosts (for Linux) . Add an entry for your Tomcat host with the resolvable IP Address of the Tomcat host.
10.165.10.120 TomcatHostName TomcatHostName.domain.com
Verifying and Adding monitor in Applications Manager
1. In the machine where you've installed Applications Manager, navigate to JDK installed location and go to bin folder. Under this, click on the file named jconsole.
2. Under the Remote Process, type <TomcatHostName>: <JMXPORT> and click on connect.
3. The connection shall now be established properly.
4. After verifying the connection, the same details can be given in the new monitor page of Applications Manager for JMX Application/ Java Runtime Monitor and can be added as a new Monitor.