Dynamically add CAB based on Risk field value
Based on the Risk field value chosen, a set of CAB approvers have to be added to the Change
There will be different sets of CAB approvers available and when a Change is created with ‘Low/Medium’ risk a set of CAB approvers have to be set, similarly when ‘High’ risk is chosen a different set of CAB approvers have to be applied.
Now with this script, we can apply different sets of CAB approvers to a Change based on the Risk chosen for the Change.
Steps to configure:
1. Download the attached scripts. Copy the contents into Change custom functions.
2. Goto Admin > Change Custom Function > Global Function > New > Paste the contents from GF_4_Configuration.txt and save it with a name.
Update the SDP configurations details in the global function.
3. Goto Admin > Change Custom Functions > Global function > New > Paste the content from the attachment (GF_17_CAB-High_Risk.txt) and save it with a name. Set the return type to MAP.
4. Goto Admin > Change Custom Functions > Global function > New > Paste the content from the attachment (GF_18_CAB-Low_Medium_Risk.txt) and save it with a name. Set the return type to MAP.
5. Go to Admin --> Change Custom Functions. Create a new function. Paste the content from the attachment (CustomFunction_CAB_addition.txt) and save it with a name.
6. Configure a custom trigger to get invoked for all changes being created. (Trigger invoking criteria can be modified as per your requirement)
Note: Dynamic approvals can be added only if there is no workflow configured for the change request.
How to assign CAB members to a change request automatically.
This is a sample script to add CAB Members to a Change Request through Change Custom Triggers.The CAB Members can only be added manually to the Change Request ,under the Approval Tab, after it has been created.By using this script we will be able to ...
Dynamically set SLA based on field values
Requirement: SLA for service requests needs to be set depending on the category, subcategory and priority of the request. Usecase: The possibility to modify/set SLA depending on a request Field is not available in Service Request. Also, since SLA is ...
SELECT changetocab.changeid "ChangeID", chdt.title AS "Title", ctdef.NAME AS "Change Type", ownaaa.first_name AS "Change Owner", ...
Dynamic checklist based on field values
Requirement: Based on the answers provided for resource questions / request additional fields, dynamically a checklist has to be associated to the request UseCase: When an alarm is received indicating an issue with a server’s performance, with the ...
How to populate requester details in request additional field
Requirement: Populate requester additional field information into request additional field. Usecase: Let us consider a scenario where certain employee details are imported from the Active Directory into User - Additional Fields. The business ...