Data is not being populated in the monitor, but is visible when the script is executed in the Powershell Window
Problem: Data is not being populated in the monitor, but is visible when the script is executed in the Powershell Window.
Solution: The problem could be due to the any of the following:
1) Verify if AppManager service has permission to run the powershell script.
- Open Services.msc
- Right click and open Properties of the service 'ManageEngine Applications Manager'.
- Go to Log On tab and select This account.
- Click Browse and select an admin user.
- Enter the Password and click on Apply.
- Now restart the AppManager service and then try polling the monitor.
2) Verify if Powershell execution failure has occurred in the Event Log. (For eg. antivirus blocking)
- Open Event Viewer in the server in which AppManager has been installed.
- Go to Windows logs and check the Application and Security folders and identify if any errors have been recorded.
- Verify if any of these errors involve powershell.exe and if the antivirus program is displayed as the source.
- If yes, try to disable the corresponding setting in the antivirus and then try polling the monitor again.
Script Monitor FAQs
Common queries, errors and troubleshooting: 1. To execute scripts other than .bat /.vbs in Windows and .sh / .bash in Linux: It is better to execute the script in the form of a command. Eg. To execute python script, you can use command py ...
Real User Monitor (RUM) - Troubleshooting
If the monitor has not polled data for long time. Follow below steps for troubleshooting Check prerequisites to done : Real User Monitor requires RUM Agent to be installed and mapped to Applications Manager. Refer the help page to know how to setup ...
No data available (or) error in SharePoint monitor added in Powershell mode
If data is not available or any error occurs during data collection for SharePoint Server monitor when added in Powershell mode follow the steps below. Go to <AppManager-Home>\working\conf\application\scripts\powershell Run the below commands by ...
How to get ISP data in Real User Monitor?
By default, Real User Monitor does not show ISP data of end user. To get ISP data, you can make use of any third-party Geolocation API. Currently, RUM supports only APIs that return the response in JSON format. When you have purchased any Geolocation ...
Enabling data collection for Cluster Details in MS SQL Monitor
If you have installed Applications Manager in Linux, Cluster Tab details won't be available. Only Windows Admistrative users will be able to view Cluster Details tab in MS SQL Monitor. To view cluster details, you must have provided Windows ...