Data is not being populated in the monitor, but is visible when the script is executed in the Powershell Window
Problem: Data is not being populated in the monitor, but is visible when the script is executed in the Powershell Window.
Solution: The problem could be due to the any of the following:
1) Verify if AppManager service has permission to run the powershell script.
- Open Services.msc
- Right click and open Properties of the service 'ManageEngine Applications Manager'.
- Go to Log On tab and select This account.
- Click Browse and select an admin user.
- Enter the Password and click on Apply.
- Now restart the AppManager service and then try polling the monitor.
2) Verify if Powershell execution failure has occurred in the Event Log. (For eg. antivirus blocking)
- Open Event Viewer in the server in which AppManager has been installed.
- Go to Windows logs and check the Application and Security folders and identify if any errors have been recorded.
- Verify if any of these errors involve powershell.exe and if the antivirus program is displayed as the source.
- If yes, try to disable the corresponding setting in the antivirus and then try polling the monitor again.