Data is not being populated in the monitor, but is visible when the script is executed in the Powershell Window
Problem: Data is not being populated in the monitor, but is visible when the script is executed in the Powershell Window.
Solution: The problem could be due to the any of the following:
1) Verify if AppManager service has permission to run the powershell script.
- Open Services.msc
- Right click and open Properties of the service 'ManageEngine Applications Manager'.
- Go to Log On tab and select This account.
- Click Browse and select an admin user.
- Enter the Password and click on Apply.
- Now restart the AppManager service and then try polling the monitor.
2) Verify if Powershell execution failure has occurred in the Event Log. (For eg. antivirus blocking)
- Open Event Viewer in the server in which AppManager has been installed.
- Go to Windows logs and check the Application and Security folders and identify if any errors have been recorded.
- Verify if any of these errors involve powershell.exe and if the antivirus program is displayed as the source.
- If yes, try to disable the corresponding setting in the antivirus and then try polling the monitor again.
New to ADSelfService Plus?
Script Monitor FAQs
Common queries, errors and troubleshooting: 1. To execute scripts other than .bat /.vbs in Windows and .sh / .bash in Linux: It is better to execute the script in the form of a command. Eg. To execute python script, you can use command py ...
Self monitor Applications Manager using Real User Monitoring
We can monitor the Applications Manager using Real User Monitoring with a Java Script injection and this can be used to measure the Applications Manager's performance continuously. All you need is to install and setup the Real User Monitoring (RUM) ...
Real User Monitor (RUM) - Troubleshooting
If the monitor has not polled data for long time. Follow below steps for troubleshooting Check prerequisites to done : Real User Monitor requires RUM Agent to be installed and mapped to Applications Manager. Refer the help page to know how to setup ...
Self monitor Applications Manager using APM Insight Java Agent
Applications Manager is built with Java, hence we can monitor it using APM Insight Java Agent to measure it's performance continuously, which can be very much useful. Setting up APM Insight Java Agent Follow the below steps to download and set up the ...
No data available (or) error in SharePoint monitor added in Powershell mode
If data is not available or any error occurs during data collection for SharePoint Server monitor when added in Powershell mode follow the steps below. Go to <AppManager-Home>\working\conf\application\scripts\powershell Run the below commands by ...