Use Case: There are scenarios where two ServiceDesk plus instances are used in an organization for different departments and requests created in one instance must be duplicated in another. This script will help fulfill this requirement.
We provide the Request Details in Json Format as input to the script and that is processed to create the structure of the New Request in the parallel ServiceDesk Plus instance.
This is achieved using the API call for creating a new Request.
1. Download and copy the script file into the Admin > Request Custom Functions.
2. Update the URL used to access ServiceDesk and the technician api key in the Global_functions for both source and target.
Refer Sample as below:
3. Goto Admin > Developer Space > Global function > New - Paste the content of "global_function_36 - PortalIDList.txt"
4. Goto Admin > Developer Space> Global function > New - "global_function_37 - AddAttachment - Latest.txt"
5. Goto Admin > Developer Space > Request Custom Function > New - "custom_function.txt"
6. Configure the script under the Admin > Custom Trigger. Invoking condition can be customized as per your requirement.