Convert Professional edition to Enterprise edition
- Install an "Admin Server" with the same build number as that of your professional edition. (You can find the build number in Settings -> Tools -> Support -> Build number)
Archive link: http://archives.manageengine.com/applications_manager/
- After successful installation, start the Admin Server.
- As an alternative, you can upgrade your existing professional edition to latest version first and then install an admin server with the same version.
- Apply the license for Enterprise edition that you have in existing server.
- Make a note of the HostName / IP address of the machine in which the Admin Server was installed. Also take a note of the SSL Port of the Admin Server.
- Make the following changes in the AMServer.properties file under <AppManager_Home>/conf directory in your professional edition.
am.server.type=Norm to am.server.type=MAS
am.edition.type=STANDALONE to am.edition.type=ENTERPRISE
am.adminserver.host=<Provide Admin Server Host Name>
am.adminserver.port=<Provide Admin Server SSL Port>
- Save the file.
- Restart the existing professional edition of AppManager to convert it to a Managed Server.
- Add this as first Managed server with server id 1 from Managed servers link in the header.
- You can then install as many additional "Managed Servers" as you want and add it to the Admin using the installation wizard.
Note: The Above steps can be used to convert only the first Managed Server.