Channel status is shown as STOPPED even after the channel is restarted
Below are the behaviours of IBM Websphere MQ and Applications Manager :
- If a channel is started, the status of the channel is not changed to RUNNING. It will be in INACTIVE state until a connection is made to the channel and a get / put is performed. Refer IBM wiki
- By default, APM doesn't show inactive channels. To show inactive channels, go to Edit Monitor -> Select System Filter Objects -> Add INCLUDE_INACTIVE_CHANNELS: true in System Objects to Monitor textbox
If a channel is restarted in IBM MQ, but Applications Manager reports its status as STOPPED, the below could be the reason for that :
- The channel is restarted.
- The state of the channel is moved to INACTIVE ( not RUNNING ). You can verify the status from MQExplorer / using command : dis chstatus(channelName)
- INCLUDE_INACTIVE_CHANNELS:true filter is not added to the MQ monitor in Applications Manager.
- In this case, during the data collection, the inactive channels are not returned by the MQ, and hence it is shown as down.
- The status will not change from STOPPED.
To fix this issue, set INCLUDE_INACTIVE_CHANNELS:true, after which the channels with inactive status also will be shown in the Applications Manager UI.