Azure Storage Account - FAQ
1. Why have we removed the Diagnostic Settings dependency in Azure Storage Account monitor?
- Till APM v15300:
- Azure Storage Account monitor was using Diagnostic Settings to perform data collection.
- Azure Storage Account monitor was dependent on Diagnostic extension for data collection and Applications Manager was using Azure Storage service API.
- Capacity metrics support was available for Blob service only.
- From APM v15300:
- Azure Storage Account monitor has been enhanced to use Azure Monitor APIs and the Diagnostic Settings dependency has been removed.
- Not all the metrics are directly available in Azure monitor APIs, some metrics are available under different dimensions of another metric. Refer here to know more.
- Capacity metrics support is now available for all 4 services (Blob, Table, File, Queue).
2. What happens to Azure Monitor in Applications Manager when you delete Azure Storage Account from the Azure portal?
- When you delete Azure Storage Account in Azure portal, the Azure Storage Account (child monitor) will automatically be deleted in Applications Manager in Azure parent monitor's next poll and the following message will be displayed in the child monitor.
4. How do I configure Capacity Metrics for Azure Monitor?
- Capacity metrics data is updated one hour once only. Refer here to know more.
- Performance polling is enabled for Capacity metrics group, You can configure this under
- Admin -> Discovery & Data Collection -> Performance Polling -> Optimize Data Collection -> choose Monitor Type as 'Azure Storage Account' and choose Metric Name as 'Capacity Metrics'.
- Please provide time interval as above 60minutes or 1hour. If the time interval is configured below 60minutes or 1hour, you will get the following error message in the respective monitors:
Data collection for 'Storage Account Capacity metrics' using AzureMonitor API can be performed only once an hour. Please configure the performance polling interval to 1 hour (preferred).
Microsoft Azure VM - Enabling Diagnostics extension for Windows & Linux VMs
Steps to enable Diagnostics extension for Windows VMs 1.Log in to Azure Portal (https://portal.azure.com) using the credentials of 'Administrator'. 2.Navigate to your virtual machine. 3.Click on 'Diagnostics settings' on the vertical pane. Select ...
Azure SQL Database - FAQ
1. Why have we removed the Diagnostic Settings dependency in Azure SQL Database monitor? Till APM v15240: Azure SQL Database was using Diagnostic Settings to perform data collection. Prerequisites had to be fulfilled to turn on Diagnostic Settings ...
Microsoft Azure - FAQ
1. What happens to Azure monitor in Applications Manager when you delete any of the supported services from the Azure portal? When you perform a delete operation on any of the supported Azure resources in the Azure portal, the respective monitor will ...
Azure Virtual Machine - FAQ
1. How is data collection happening for Azure Virtual Machine monitors? Microsoft Azure monitor discovery modes in AppManager: AD Application mode Organizational Account mode OAuth mode Azure VM monitor - Data collection methods: Azure Monitor Azure ...
Microsoft Azure - Troubleshooting on "Invalid Application key" error for Azure Organizational Account mode
"Azure Services discovery failed for subscription <subscriptionID>. Invalid Application key" - Error message upon editing a New Azure monitor using Azure Organizational Account mode Troubleshooting: In Azure Organizational Account mode, Applications ...