1. Why have we removed the Diagnostic Settings dependency in Azure SQL Database monitor?
- Till APM v15240:
- Azure SQL Database was using Diagnostic Settings to perform data collection.
- Prerequisites had to be fulfilled to turn on Diagnostic Settings for data collection.
- A Diagnostic Storage Account to be provided in edit monitor page to facilitate data collection.
- From APM v15240:
- Azure SQL Database monitor has been enhanced to use Azure APIs and the Diagnostic Settings dependency has been removed.
- There are no perquisites for data collection.
- Diagnostic Storage Account details in the edit monitor page need not be given to facilitate data collection.
2. What happens in Applications Manager when you delete Azure SQL Database in the Azure portal?
- When you delete Azure SQL Database in Azure portal, The Azure SQL Database (child monitor) in Applications Manager will be deleted in Azure parent monitor's next poll and the following message will be displayed in the child monitor.
- In Azure Parent Monitor, the child monitor will be removed in the next poll. Until then, the status of the Azure SQL Database will be shown as 'Deleted'.
3. DTU (Database Transaction Unit) based metrics are specific for DTU-based SQL Databases: