Licensing of Amazon cloud monitor instances in Applications Manager
- Each Amazon monitor is considered a basic monitor and comes under the monitor count for licensing.
- In Amazon monitor, discovery of all the supported services (EC2, RDS, S3, SNS, DynamoDB, ELB, SQS, Lambda, Beanstalk, and Billing information) is performed, among which S3, SNS and Billing information metrics come under the basic Amazon monitor for licensing.
- Each individual instance of the following services (EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, ELB (ALB & NLB), SQS, Lambda, and Beanstalk) is also considered a basic monitor.
Let us consider a scenario where a user has added the Amazon monitor by choosing all the supported services (EC2, RDS, S3, SNS, DynamoDB, ELB, SQS, Lambda, Beanstalk) with each AWS service having 2 instances in it.
Based on the above scenario, following would be the monitor count split-up:
- Amazon monitor [including S3, SNS, Billing statistics] = 1
- EC2 instances = 2
- RDS databases = 2
- DynamoDB databases = 2
- ELB instances (ALB+NLB) = 4 (2+2)
- Lambda functions = 2
- Beanstalk environments = 2
- SQS Queues = 2
Total monitor count for licensing = 17
Amazon monitor is not displaying all my EC2 Instances / RDS Instances / S3 Buckets.
Amazon monitor is not showing EC2 Instances / RDS Instances / S3 Buckets from Amazon EU (Frankfurt) and Asia Pacific (Seoul). This is because the regions EU (Frankfurt) and Asia Pacific (Seoul) require Signature Version 4 Signing Process. ...
What is a Monitor? A monitor is any specific application or server instance within your environment that you monitor in Applications Manager. For example, if you monitor 100 SQL server installations, your monitor count will be 100 (or) if you monitor ...
Troubleshooting URL Monitor
Here are few of the common errors you may come across in URL monitor, we have mentioned the steps you can follow to troubleshoot them. General troubleshooting for URL monitor Ensure that the URL is accessible from the server in which Applications ...
Integrate Jira Service Management (Cloud) with Applications Manager using Webhook
Using Webhook, you can now integrate Jira Service Management (Cloud) with Applications Manager and receive real-time alerts on incidents right into your Jira instance. Follow the steps given below to integrate Jira service (Cloud) with Applications ...
Authentication Methods in Applications Manager
Authentication involves validating an incoming user to facilitate the access to a specific resource. There are various authentication methods that you can use - based on the requirements and usage. In recent times, numerous organizations are ...