Availability State and Details
Please find the Availability STATE information below
1. ACTIVE = 1 corresponds to the Device in UP state.
2. DOWN = 2 corresponds to the Device in DOWN state.
3. DEPENDENT_UNAVAILABLE = 3 corresponds to the DEPENDENCY DEVICE's down state.
4. ON_HOLD = 4 corresponds to the state when the Device is UNMANAGED ( like via Actions -> UnManage )
5. ON_MAINTENANCE = 5 corresponds to the device state when it is part of a DOWNTIME SCHEDULE that is in progress
6. PARENT_DOWN = 6 corresponds to the interface state when the parent ( device on which the INTERFACE is present) is down
7. PARENT_UNMANAGED = 7 corresponds to the interface state when the parent ( device to which the INTERFACE is present ) is UNMANAGED
In the database,this STATE column is present in the ManagedObject Database table
Device Availability in OpManager
Device Availability in OpManager is based on the ICMP Ping response of the respective devices from the OpManager server. The Availability, Packet loss and Response time would be calculated based on this response. The basic criteria is that the ...
Details of tables storing performance data in OpManager
Details of tables: The performance data tables in OpManager 7 and above are quite distributed, enabling better reporting. Here is a quick summary of the tables that you will need to take custom reports 1. ElementsAvailabilityHourly - Every day device ...
How to remove the ServiceDeskPlus details in OpManager?
ISSUE: To remove the ServiceDeskPlus details in the Add-On settings page and from the device snapshot page. SOLUTION: We need to delete entries in the three tables in the database. 1. Connect to the database using this command, ...
Configuring a non-admin user for WMI monitoring (domain level)
For non-admin users to perform WMI monitoring in OpManager, the user profiles need to be configured accordingly in your network. This can be done: On a device level (configuring individual devices) - Link to KB On a domain level (configuring the ...
How to use MIB Browser?
The MIB Browser utility is a handy tool to troubleshoot SNMP issues. You can query an SNMP variable on a device to check for its response. Using this utility, you will be able to: assess the availability of SNMP on the device query a variable for ...