In many organizations, the employee onboarding process requires the Hiring Manager to send the employee details to the IT team, who will add the employee to the organization's Active Directory. This time-consuming, human error-prone process can be automated through a single Deluge script. Each time an onboarding request is created in ServiceDesk Plus, you can invoke the Deluge script to add the employee to Active Directory using ADManager Plus API.
Steps to set it up:
1. To connect with ADManager Plus, you will need the URL where your ADManager Plus is hosted, Auth Token, and Domain Name as a prerequisite. Using a global function, you can store this information securely and call it across custom functions when necessary.
To create a global function, go to Admin > Request Custom Function > Global Functions > New. Set the global function's return type to 'Map' and add this script to the editor. [File Name: ADMP_Configuration.txt]
2. To collect the employee information that needs to be updated in ADManager Plus, create incident additional fields and add them to the required request template. You can create and gather API names of incident additional fields under Admin >> Incident Management >> Incident - Additional Field.
3. Under Admin >> Request Custom Function > Custom Action >> New, write a script to automatically add employees to your Active Directory from onboarding requests. You can call the global function to this actionable part of the custom function.
Add API field names (of ServiceDesk Plus additional fields) and LDAP field values (of ADManager Plus fields) to the script after ensuring that they are mapped correctly. For example, as per the screenshot demonstrated below, givenName will be stored in udf_sline_27, password will be stored in udf_sline_28, and mail will be stored in udf_sline_29.
4. Add the Deluge script to the editor. [FileName: Create_ADMP_User.txt]
5. With custom triggers we can configure a criteria such as ‘when a request is created or approved’ to invoke the deluge script stored in the custom function and automatically create an user account in ADMP.