Auto-create a change via a service request
When a request for change is submitted by a user via a service request with resource answers, then a change should be auto-created, resource answers copied to its description, and the change should be associated with the service request
Service requests are often used to allow the requester to log a request for change. The details for the change are captured using the resource questions section and FAFR is used to make the resource questions interactive. Therefore, when a request for a change-service request is submitted by a requester, it has to create a change with all the details and resource answers in its description and be associated with the service request.
Steps to configure:
1. Download the attached scripts. Copy the contents into Request custom functions.
2. Goto Admin > Request Custom Function > Global Function > New > Paste the global function contents and save it with a name.
Update the URL and integration/technician key in the script.
- For builds over 11300, you can get the integration key under Admin > Integrations > Integration Key > New
- Please use an integration key with admin privilege, as there wont be any role based permission issues.
- For builds prior to 11300, refer https://help.servicedeskplus.com/api/rest-api.html$key and update the technician key.
3. Goto Admin > Request Custom Function > Custom Function > New > Paste the addChangeWithResourceInfoInDesc.txt content and save it with a name
- Update the global function count according to your instance
- Update the Change template name as per your instance. In my case its "Additional Field" template.
4. Configure the created custom function in a trigger to get executed every time a request is approved.
New to ADSelfService Plus?
How to auto-create change request(s) for unplanned changes on Assets
This post describes the use of a python script to auto-create change requests for unplanned modifications on Assets using Custom Schedules. This script is applicable only for builds prior to 11138. UseCase: Multiple assets are inventoried in ...
How to create a new change request automatically from a request.
This script is applicable only for builds prior to 11138. This is a sample python script that triggers the creation of a Change Request in ServiceDesk Plus using the Change API.The request ID of the parent request is appended to the subject line of ...
Auto-create problem request based on certain criteria.
This is a sample script that triggers the creation of a Problem Request in ServiceDesk Plus using the Problem API. Use Case: All incident requests with Priority = High will create a problem ticket with the request's default field values. ...
How to automatically create a task in a Change Request.
This is a sample script to create a task in a Change Request based on the values given in certain fields. This is done by using an API call to create a task in ServiceDesk Plus. The task can also be created in a request, problem, project or a ...
How to create a request using an existing template through powershell.
This is a Powershell script that calls the ServiceDesk Plus API to create a new request based on an existing Incident or Service Request template name. UseCase: We have Considered a Service Request for 'New Hire' in this script.The Answer that is ...