Script to associate checklists depending on UDF Additional field values/Resource Question values.
In few organizations. they have a separate template for "New Asset Request".
Each new asset needs a different set of checklists to be followed before delivering the asset to the requester.
Depending on the values chosen, the respective checklist has to be associated with the request.
Requirement 1: For a single Asset Request
Case 1: This value can be maintained as a Request Picklist Additional Field
Case 2: This value can be maintained as a Resource - Dropdown Question
Requirement 2: For multiple Asset Request
Case 3: These values can be maintained as a Resource - Checkbox Question
Case 4: These values can be maintained as a Request Multiselect Field
Steps to configure:
1. Download the attached scripts. Copy the contents into Request custom functions.
2. Goto Admin > Request Custom Function > Global Function > New > Paste the global function contents and save it with a name.
Update the URL and integration/technician key in the script.
- For builds over 11300, you can get the integration key under Admin > Integrations > Integration Key > New
- Please use an integration key with admin privilege, as there wont be any role related permission issues.
- For builds prior to 11300, refer https://help.servicedeskplus.com/api/rest-api.html$key and update the technician key.
3. Goto Admin > Request Custom Function > Custom Function > New > Paste the customfunction.txt content and save it with a name
(Update the global function count according to your instance and the checklist values)
4. Configure the created custom function in a trigger to get executed every time a Service Request is created, with certain criteria.
- Update the mapping for the Checklist values within the script.
- From CustomFunction.zip, use the function as per your requirement.