Applying mail server's certificate in ServiceDesk Plus
To establish a secure connection between ServiceDesk Plus and email servers configured with a self-signed certificate, follow these steps:
1. Download the attached file.
2. Extract the files to the ServiceDesk Plus directory.
3. The files will now be in the following location:
gencert.bat under [your drive]:ManageEngine\ServiceDesk directory.
Cert.jar should be under [your drive]:ManageEngine\ServiceDesk\lib directory.
4. Click the Windows icon and select Command Prompt (Run as administrator).
5. Go to ServiceDesk and run gencert.bat [Mail Server IP]:[Mail protocol port]
Type 1 when you are prompted with an exception PKIX.
6. Move the 'jssecacerts' file created to the location [your drive]: ManageEngine\Servicedesk\jre\lib\security folder
7.Start the ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus service from the services console(services.msc).
8.Save the incoming mail server settings (under Admin > Mail Server Settings) and click Start Fetching.
If the emails are not fetched, generate the support file and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
. To create the support file, go to Support or Community > Support File.