Active Directory Diagnostic Tests - Troubleshoot Errors in Specific test
In Active Directory Monitor, Diagnostic tests have been introduced in build 14040. To troubleshoot any errors in a specific test in the Diagnostic tests tab, follow the below steps:
1) Open Powershell in administrator mode in the machine where Applications Manager is installed.
2) Go to <AppManager-Home>\working\conf\application\scripts\powershell
3) Run the command:
.\ADDiagnosticTests.ps1 'hostname' 'username' 'password' 'Test' >C:\diagtest.txt
Note: Replace the hostname, username and password with the credentials of the reported AD machine and replace Test with the corresponding test name (refer below table).
4) Get the diagtest.txt file which will be generated in C:\ drive.
5) Check this file for any errors in that specific test to troubleshoot.
Test Name (as in UI)
Test Name (to be used in command)
Advertising Status Check
SYSVOL Status Check
Knowledge Consistency Check
RID Master Accessibility Check
Machine Account Information Check
Global Role-holders Locator Check
File Replication System Check
Distributed File System Check
Logon Priviledges(NetLogons) Check
Object Replication Check
Verify References for FRS and Replication Infrastructure
Intersite Replication Error Check
Cross Reference Check Tests
Security Descriptor Reference Check Tests
Active Directory monitor health getting affected due to port connectivity test
From the build number 14071 port connectivity test feature have been introduced. If a few ports were down and unable to connect this behavior will affect the health of the corresponding Active directory monitor. To clear the critical health alert ...
Unable to add Active Directory monitor
1. Open command prompt in administrator mode and navigate to <Applications Manager Home>\working\conf\application\scripts directory. 2. Execute the below command replacing hostname, username and password with that of the Active Directory server: ...
No data available (or) error in Diagnostic tests
1. In Applications Manager console, go to Admin -> Performance Polling -> Optimize Data Collection. 2. Select Active Directory as monitor type and choose the required metric under 'Metric Name'. Select Collect data in every poll option and ...
How to troubleshoot java agent installation or configuration?
Troubleshooting operation will perform the below mentioned checks: Checks whether agent directory has read/write operations Checks whether apminsight.conf has license key mentioned Checks whether agent state, unmanaged, deleted or managed Checks ...
Setting WMI access through Active Directory and Group Policy Object
In our case, we run Active Directory on Windows 2008 R2 and we want to scan the target machine which is Windows 2012 R2 machine. Our domain is called “APMCLU” and we name our dedicated WMI user-account “wmiuser”. First – Setting done from Active ...