M365 Security Plus - Fixes and Enhancements 
O365 Manager Plus Release Notes
Release Notes for build 4500 - Dec 31, 2021
Release Notes for build 4425 - Dec 16, 2021
- Enhanced support for Japanese and Chinese languages.
- The Exchange Online PowerShell V2 module has been upgraded to the latest version.
- Email notification failure for monitoring Microsoft 365 services.
- Chances for remote code execution (CVE-2021-44228 and CVE-2021-45046) were identified in applications that use Apache log4j versions above 2.0 and below 2.15.0. To prevent this vulnerability, we have upgraded log4j jar to version 2.16, and have removed the JndiLookup class from log4j jar's classpath.
- The Microsoft Service Health API used to fetch data for monitoring has now been deprecated by Microsoft. M365 Security Plus will now use a new Graph API to fetch details on Microsoft 365 Service Health. Users will have to update REST API permissions in Tenant Settings to ensure proper functioning of the monitoring feature.
Release Notes for build 4423 - Oct 21, 2021
- A cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability, reported by Sahil Dhar through our bug bounty program, has been fixed.
- A reflected cross-site scripting (reflected XSS) vulnerability, reported by Sahil Dhar through our bug bounty program, has been fixed.
- An insufficient authorization vulnerability affecting a REST API URL has been fixed. The vulnerability was reported by Sahil Dhar through our bug bounty program.
How to update?
Release Notes for build 4421 - Oct 8, 2021
Security issue fix:
- Authentication bypass leading to arbitrary file-upload remote code execution vulnerability (CVE-2021-42099), reported by moon.
Release Notes for build 4420 - Sep 29, 2021
- Japanese and Chinese language support has been enhanced.
- An issue in generating data for audit reports when the Callers or Targets filter in an audit profile is applied has been fixed.
Release Notes for build 4419 - Sep 22, 2021
- A post authentication command injection vulnerability affecting a REST API URL has been fixed. The vulnerability was reported by Sahil Dhar through our bug bounty program.
Release Notes for build 4418 - Sep 20, 2021
- A minor issue has been fixed.
Release Notes for build 4417 - Sep 8, 2021
- An authentication bypass vulnerability affecting some of the REST API URLs has been fixed.
Release Notes for build 4416 - Sep 6, 2021
The following issues have been fixed,
- Remote code execution via BCP file overwrite reported by Sahil Dhar through our bug bounty program.
- Error in retrieving data based on space separated values provided for Like constant in some audit and general reports.
- Users without MSOnline module installed in their environment were unable to add technicians in delegation module.
- Incorrect data shown when Recipient Type filter is applied in Manage License module.
Release Notes for build 4415 - Aug 5, 2021
- Service pack files are now secured with digital signature to prevent unauthorized modifications while updating the product.
- Error in showing Arabic characters in the Mail Subject column of Mail Trace reports.
- Difficulty in loading details about draft messages with empty Sent Date Time field in Content Search module.
- Missing to show the available data in the monitoring module, due to change in service name.
- Issue in managing users based on group membership in License Management scheduler.
- Details of external mails not being included in Mail Trace reports, when the count of unmanaged uses is greater than managed users.
- Inability to create custom views of audit reports with multiple filter settings.
- M365 Security Plus will now use only service account for performing Microsoft 365 activities. Support for using technician credentials has been deprecated.
Release Notes for build 4414 - May 12, 2021
- Some minor issues have been fixed.
Release Notes for build 4413 - May 10, 2021
- This build features enhanced Japanese language support.
The following issues have been fixed.
- Failing to gather data for SharePoint List Activities audit reports.
- Inability to enable or disable monitoring profiles.
- Issue in applying filters involving mailbox attributes in Manage License module.
Release Notes for build 4412 - Mar 29, 2021
- The Exchange Online PowerShell V2 module has been upgraded to the latest version.
- Due to receiving incorrect dates from Microsoft's Unified Audit Log, there has been a random occurrence of incorrect dates in certain audit logs. This issue has been resolved by our product team.
Release Notes for build 4411 - Mar 15, 2021
- Issues faced while applying filters in the Manage License module have been fixed.
Release Notes for build 4410 - Mar 5, 2021
- Database backup and restore, and robo update features are now available for MS SQL users.
- Option to backup the database while manually updating M365 Security Plus has been added.
- The incorrect results issue due to insufficient data while performing mailbox content search has been fixed.
- Issue faced while applying filter based on Extended Properties in Azure AD STS Logon audit profile has been fixed.
Release Notes for build 4408 - Jan 20, 2021
- The tenant configuration issue that occurred due to the global admin role name change by Microsoft has been fixed.
Release Notes for build 4407 - Dec 4, 2020
- Support for Exchange Online PowerShell V2 module. You will now experience an uninterrupted, longer session duration with the Exchange Online connection.
- An issue in displaying the geolocation in audit reports when a proxy is configured has been fixed.
Release Notes for build 4406 - Nov 12, 2020
- Fixed some minor issues in the product.
Release notes for build 4403 (Oct 12, 2020)
New audit reports: Track more events in OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Forms, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate and Exchange Online.
- The issue in fetching data for monitoring while the proxy is configured, has been fixed.
Release notes for build 4402 (Sep 19, 2020)
- The issue faced while configuring a tenant due to certificate validation has been fixed.
- The Issue in collecting data for reports and tasks based on Rest API has been fixed
Release notes for build 4401 (Sep 1, 2020)
- While creating users using the User Creation Template, you can now add them to Office 365, security, and distribution groups.
- In addition to users, you can also add Azure AD devices to security groups.
- The latest build will feature an enhanced Japanese language support.
- Issue faced while executing the Modify Office 365 Group members task with the Users with Same Attribute Values report has been fixed.
M365 Security Plus Released (July 14, 2020)
Granular auditing : Perform detailed audits on the various activities of Microsoft 365 services such as admin and user activities, non-owner mailbox access, failed logon attempts, password and license modifications, roles and permission changes, file access, malware detection, and more with extensive reports.
Custom audit profiles : Carry out efficient compliance management by creating custom audit profiles in line with the compliance requirements of SOX, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FISMA, and GLBA. You can schedule these reports to be generated periodically and have them mailed to you. The reports can also be exported in various formats such as CSV, XLS, PDF, and HTML.
Real-time alerts : Configure alert profiles to receive instant alerts for critical events such as changes in password, malware filters, security settings, role assignments, and more. The alerts will provide detailed information such as the severity of the event, alert trigger, time of occurrence, etc.
24x7 monitoring : Ensure around-the-clock monitoring of health and performance of Microsoft 365 services; their features and endpoints. Get instant alerts on service outages with details of the occurred event.
Advanced content search : Enhance email security with in-depth, condition-based or pattern-based searches to identify emails with personal information such as social security number, login credentials, and more. You can also automate these searches and receive alerts for the same.
Help desk delegation : Create custom help desk roles and assign non-admin users as technicians without change of roles or permissions in native Microsoft 365. Leverage advanced features such as cross-tenant, domain-based, attribute-level delegation, and more.
New to ADSelfService Plus?