We are happy to announce the release of Key Manager Plus 5.9 (Build 5950). We'd like to take this opportunity to thank all our customers and users for their feedback and continued support.
- On-demand Renewal of Certificates
This release comes with a 'Renew' option under 'SSL >> Certificates' that allows users to initiate the renewal of Self Signed, Root Signed, Microsoft CA Signed, and Agent-signed certificates, and also the certificates issued by the third-party CAs.
- LDAP Authentication and Scheduled Users Sync
In addition to Active Directory and RADIUS authentication, Key Manager Plus now supports user import and user authentication using LDAP servers as well. Use LDAP integration to import Active Directory (AD) users from Microsoft AD and OpenLDAP into Key Manager Plus Linux installations, and also regularly update the user database through the sync operation provided by Key Manager Plus. Besides, users can use LDAP authentication for access, bypassing the local authentication provided by Key Manager Plus. Supported LDAP server types are Microsoft Active Directory and OpenLDAP.
- Key Manager Plus now supports scheduled SSL discovery and MS Certificate Store Discovery tasks with agent.
- Previously, the certificates due for expiry in 10 days or less got automatically renewed. Now, users will be able to customize the number of days to auto-renew the certificates before they expire.
- From now on, during CSR signing of SSL certificates using the agent, it is possible to specify the Agent timeout value, in seconds.
- Henceforth, users will be able to select specific Certificates or Certificate Groups while generating the 'SSL Certificates Report' Schedule type (under 'Schedule >> Add Schedule').
- Users will now be able to add and edit the deployed servers list under 'SSL >> Certificates >> Multiple Servers (icon)'. Newly added servers will be mapped with the latest certificate version in the certificate repository.
- Key Manager Plus now supports IP range discovery for MS Certificate store discovery ('Discovery >> MS Certificate Store') using the KMP service with the domain Admin account. This allows administrators to discover certificates across networks.
- Key Manager Plus now supports 'Load Balancer' Certificates discovery for 'SSL Discovery' schedule type. Use this schedule type to discover certificates from load balancers, such as BIG-IP F5, Nginx, etc., which support SSH access on a scheduled basis.
- Under 'Settings >> SSL >> IIS Binding', binding list retrieval failed for bindings with a protocol other than HTTP/HTTPs. This issue has been fixed.
- Earlier during Digicert import, Key Manager Plus failed to import client/personal certificates into KMP. This issue is now fixed.
- Earlier, the date format had the month as a part of the value, due to which sorting did not work. Now, this issue has been resolved by modifying the date format in the CSV file to be the standard date format.
- Earlier while discovering certificates using a load balancer, there were problems with commands other than the standard Linux commands. This issue has been fixed.
Key Manager Plus 5.9 full download:
NOTE: Installing the full 5950 build will uninstall your existing Key Manager Plus installation. If you are running the evaluation version and wish to evaluate the new version, save a ZIP of the entire existing KMP installation folder before installing the new version (in case you need data from the existing version).
Upgrade pack for existing customers:
Existing customers can download Key Manager Plus 5950 upgrade pack from the link below.
NOTE: We recommend copying the entire Key Manager Plus installation folder and pasting it in another location before installing the update, just in case something goes wrong with the Key Manager Plus upgrade. That way, all your settings are backed up as well.
If MS SQL is configured as backend, then take a backup of the corresponding database too prior to the upgrade.
Upgrade pack instructions:
Give Key Manager Plus 5.9 a trial and feel free to drop your queries to
If you want a personalized demo of Key Manager Plus, fill-up the form here and we'll have our product experts get in touch with you right away.
Have a great day!