[KB]Permission management - Copying or moving permissions between users
The addition of a new team member involves granting them permission to access shared team resources.This can be done by simply copying all the permissions from any of the team members to the new team member. You can also copy permissions from one user to multiple users.
Similarly, if the new team member is replacing an old team member, all the permissions of the old team member can simply be shifted to the new team member by clicking the "Move Permissions" tab.
Steps to copy or move permissions between users:
- Click on the "Management" tab.
- Select the "Permission Management" option in the top-left.
- Choose "Copy or move permissions" from the listed categories.
- Choose the site collections in which you wish to perform the action.
- Select the "Source SharePoint user" whose permissions you wish to copy.
- Select the "Destination SharePoint user" to whom the permissions are to be copied (unique permissions can also be included).
- Depending on the action you wish to perform, click "Copy Permissions" or "Move Permissions"