In ADManager Plus, the rules specified in user creation or modification templates help auto-fill attributes of user accounts that are being created or modified using that template.
Instead of configuring these rules one after the other, you can directly import these user creation or modification rules using a CSV file.
Specifying user creation or modification rules via a CSV:
Following are the CSV headers and their corresponding values that need to be included in the CSV file for importing the rules:
Name of the rule
LDAP name of the attributes
Attributes listed in user creation rules or user modification drop-down button
Relation between ldapName and value
1 - is
2 - contains (for memberOf)
6 - Starts with (for lastName and displayName)
Condition field value
or - OR operation
and - AND operation
Whether the LDAP matching is a condition or an assignment
true - is a condition
false - is an assignment
Corresponding values for LDAP name.
Multiple values must be separated by a semicolon (;).
Multiple line values must be supported by double quotes (").
Here is a sample CSV file that can be used for this purpose.
NOTE: Pre-defined rules of a specific template will be replaced by the rules that are imported to that template using a CSV.
Steps to import user creation or modification rules via a CSV
1. Download this JSP file and save it in the 'installation-directory\ManageEngine\ADManager Plus\webapps\adsm' location.
2. Logon to ADManager Plus.
3. In the URL of the ADManager Plus home page, replace the 'home.do?selectedTab=home#/dashboard' with the name of the JSP file you just downloaded ('rules.jsp').
For instance if the homepage URL is
4. Enter the name of the template to which you wish to import the rules.
5. Specify the name of the domain.
6. Specify the location of the CSV file.
7. Specify the Template Category as user creation or user modification template based on your requirements. Click on Submit.