Cannot enroll supervised iPhone using Apple Configurator without ABM/ASM
I have no ABM/ASM so I'm using Apple Configurator to supervise and enroll devices. According to instructions, the ABM is optional, so enrollment should work without it.
I followed instructions and have done so far:
- Received APN certificate
- Created a prepared blueprint with:
- supervision enabled but without ABM/ASM
- WiFi profile
- MDM URL provided from Enrollment page
- All successfully fetched certificates
- Applied a blueprint to the device
- The device successfully picked up WiFi settings from the profile without prompting me.
Now the device is supervised (I see the message in settings) but it didn't appear in the portal under managed devices.
This is the first device I'm trying to add and I believe I missed something.
Also, I noticed that the MDM URL I copied from the Enrollment page was with "zapikey" and "templateToken" parameters, but the resulting URL in the blueprint has only "zapikey".
What am I missing? How to enroll iPhone devices using only Apple Configurator without ABM/ASM?
New to ADSelfService Plus?