[Blog] FCR's benefits in an organization
FCR - "First Call Resolution" is a vital metric of an IT organization, some refer it as the Pulse Rate. FCR directly or indirectly reflects your organization's growth.
How does FCR work?
When a user lands in a situation that's new to him/her or he/she is unsure about the situation. The next step he reaches out to his colleagues/friends to discuss the situation or he calls to the product support, hoping for a solution. When the support executive understands the situation in the first place and provides an immediate fix, ( then he heads on closing the support ticket with any iterations ).
The user turns out to be a happy person. The happy user, in turn, shares his experience on a survey and rate's both product and Technician.
A popular BPO based company had analyzed FCR's importance in organizations and provided the report that's for 10% improvements in FCR can improve 7 - 10% of customer satisfaction. They also found that average, customer satisfaction drops by 12 - 15% every time a customer has to call back about the same issue.
How to Optimize Your First Call Resolution Rate:
- Train your techs: Training is the most important step in achieving improved FCR.
- Periodically analyze FCR and Survey rating, see if the graph trends up, at times of dip analyze the root cause.
- Identify the best channel for support, see if it is Phone or Chat or Mail support. The general analysis says most customers feel comfortable discussing the issue over the phone.
- Track the FCR trend to identify issues that are of lower FCR rates, resolve them. Fewer issues ensure better FCR rates.
- Analyze customer contact behavior to anticipate their needs. Isolate the issues for which they frequently call and work on the solution.
Click here to know about FCR in ServiceDesk
No matter what people tell, your words and ideas can change the world. Keep sharing your ideas.
New to ADSelfService Plus?