Build 6300 (May 2015)
OU (organizational unit) Management provides the ability to perform the following tasks via ADManager Plus:
- Create OUs
- Modify OUs
- Move OUs
- Delete OUs
OU management also offers:
- Bulk creation and management of OUs via CSV import
- Customizable OU creation templates which allow you to fine tune the OU creation process to exactly meet your organizational demands
- The ability to create a new parent OU, and then create the required OUs inside it.
Report from CSV: This report helps in viewing the Active Directory information of existing user and computer accounts. You can import the list of desired users and computers from a CSV file into ADManager Plus, which then extracts and displays the Active Directory details of those accounts.
This report also features an option to refine its result based on specific attributes mentioned in the CSV file; you can also customize the report by choosing the specific fields (columns) that you wish to view in the result.
Exchange ActiveSync Policy Management allows you to assign the appropriate ActiveSync policies for users, right while creating new accounts for them in Active Directory and MS Exchange Server. You can apply the ActiveSync policies while creating new user accounts in single and also in bulk.
Exchange Archive (online and on-premises) Management offers the flexibility to create archive mailboxes for users either on the cloud or on premises. Using this feature you can create archive mailboxes for users simultaneously while creating their Active Directory accounts and Exchange mailboxes; you can also enable archiving for those users who already have Exchange mailboxes.
ADManager Plus now automatically synchronizes itself with the details of OUs and contact objects that are created or modified in Active Directory. This synchronization happens periodically throughout the day. Whenever needed, you can also manually synchronize the details of:
- All new and modified OUs and contact objects in Active Directory using the update dashboard (in Dashboard) and update domain objects (in Domain Settings) options.
- Only the modified/updated OUs and contact objects in Active Directory using the refresh option (in Select Container popup window while selecting the OUs for management and reporting).
Active Directory reporting has been enhanced with:
- Addition of: add to group, remove from group and move objects, to the list of management tasks that can be performed from reports, via the 'More Actions' option present in them.
- A revamped UI (layout) in reports for viewing the report results (objects fetched by the report)
- Performance improvements for faster report generation
The report scheduler features a 'Run Now' option to allow ad-hoc execution of any existing report schedule.
- HttpOnly setting has been enabled to fix security vulnerabilities.
- Database cleanup issue is now fixed.
- Issue in applying Exchange mailbox retention policy has been corrected.
- SSL v3 has been disabled to guard against security vulnerabilities.
- Issue in displaying entries under Titles and Departments (located in Admin Tab) in sorted order while adding new entries to the list is now fixed.
- Reports will now be adjusted (resized) to printable format while exporting them.
- Group members report's group selection popup window now allows removal of all the selected groups at once.
Build 6290, 6291, 6292 (Apr 2015)
Filters in Report Scheduler: ADManager Plus now offers filters using which you can customize the Active Directory reports exactly as per your needs, while scheduling them.
- Intensifies security with fixes for security vulnerabilities by updating its JRE (Java Runtime Environment) to v1.7
- Offers greater flexibility in selecting the objects to be managed via Automation by adding more attributes/fields to the filters in its report library
This release includes fixes for the following issues:
- Headers are repeated for every 5000 rows while exporting the reports to CSV format
- The first sheet has 5000 rows and the subsequent sheets have only 150 rows each when reports are exporte to XLS format
- While a request is created through Workflow/Automation for bulk user creation via CSV, user details are not displayed in the 'view objects' link in the request if template name is mentioned in the CSV file
- Helpdesk technicians are not able to unlock user accounts that are locked out
- ADManager Plus mobile app displays locked out user accounts also as not locked (lockout status: false)
Build 6281 (Feb 2015)
Office 365 License Management helps you assign, replace or remove the licenses of multiple AD users who are enrolled in Office 365, in one single action. Further, to make it easy for you to specify the users whose licenses have to be modified, this feature provides an option to import the list of users from a CSV file.
Copy AD Group feature allows you to copy the attributes/settings of any group in your Active Directory and use the copied values to create a new:
- Distribution or Security group in AD, or
- Group creation template
This feature also gives you the option of copying either all the attributes or only specific attributes such as the container, group type/scope, memberOf, members, etc., from the desired group.
LDAPS Support which allows you to communicate securely with the Active Directory.
- Reinforced security: This release fortifies the protective mechanism with a fix to guard against the CSRF vulnerability.
- Additional input field types for Custom Attributes: To simplify the specification of values for custom attributes, you can now pick the most appropriate input field type from the new options such as combo box, editable combo box and date picker.
This release includes fixes for the following issues:
- Not being able to logon using the password obtained through random password generation.
- Helpdesk technicians' description getting replaced with the description mentioned in AD.
- Error in generating the Licensed O365 users report.
- Not being able to view all the configured File Servers in File Server management.
- Error when using %sAMAccountName% as SIP URI format for Lync enabled users.
Build 6270 (Dec 2014)
'Reactive' Group Modification Template: These templates help you standardize the process of modifying AD groups and also automatically populate specific attributes during the single group modification process via:
- Customizable Layout: With simple 'drag-n-drop' actions, you can place only the desired attributes in the templates; you can also make any attribute editable, read-only or hidden during the modification process. With customized templates, you can provide role-based access to helpdesk technicians for modifying AD groups
- Reactive modification rules: You can configure conditions to be checked whenever an AD group is modified and auto-update specific attributes, if the conditions are satisfied. These rules are triggered in the background whenever a group is modified and the specified fields are automatically populated with appropriate values.
- Cross-domain support in single group creation and modification - you can now add users and also contacts from different domains as members of a group; also, you can now add contacts to groups via single group creation and modification.
- Reset computer accounts feature - to help you reset the passwords of computers that cannot connect to the domain as they cannot be authenticated by the domain controller
- Multiple group selection in 'Users not in groups' report - you can now select multiple groups while specifying the ones based on which this report has to be generated; fetches all the users who are not members of any of the specified groups
- Enhanced random password generator - the password policy now offers advanced options like exclude characters, dictionary words, etc. for more efficient and secure password policy generation, in compliance with the organization's password policy
- Users with empty attributes report now brings custom user attributes also under is scope; will now fetch users even if their custom attribute is empty
- Enhanced error indicators for failed CSV-import operations now offer detailed error messages for greater understanding about the reason for the error.
- While performing single user modification, you can now sort the list of users displayed alphabetically, to locate the desired user without much effort.
- The AD objects search, located inside the product, now lists the objects in the search result in alphabetical order.
This release has fixes for the following issues:
- Not being able to disable and move user accounts via automation.
- Issues in helpdesk technicians not being able to unlock user accounts via the reset password console.
- Not displaying the names of requesters (users) who are not helpdesk technicians, while configuring the assigning rules
- Issues in updating the 'Country' attribute of users in AD via bulk user modification
- Product does not start when Java crashes due to 'out of memory'
- 'No Lync server found' message being displayed in the user creation templates randomly
Highlights of Previous Releases
Build 6260 (Nov 2014)
Inactive Office 365 users report: This report lists all the Office 365 users who have not accessed their Exchange Online mailboxes during the specified time period.
CSV-based computer modification: This feature helps you modify the attributes of Active Directory computers, in bulk, by importing a CSV file which has the list of computers and their attributes to be modified.
Computers with duplicate attributes report: This report displays all the computers which have duplicate values for the specified attribute.
OS filter in OS-based computers report: While selecting the operating systems to generate the OS-based computers report, you can use this filter to view the list of only the server operating systems or all the operating systems (server as well as client versions) used in the organization.
The following issues have been fixed in this release:
- Issue in setting the Dial-in attribute's value for AD users via single user modification
- Names of objects modified via bulk user modification feature (using a CSV file) not being displayed in helpdesk audit reports
- Issue in selecting the required domains for generating the photo-based users report
Build 6250 (Oct 2014)
Exclude Child OUs filter: For AD management/reporting tasks, this filter allows you to precisely select the particular OUs only in which the specified management/reporting tasks have to be executed, by allowing you to exclude their child OUs from being modified/affected by the task.
'Remove users/computers from all groups' option: While pruning the group membership of user and computer objects, you don't have to go through each group that they are members of, to remove them from the irrelevant groups. Using this option, you can simply remove the desired users/computers from all the groups that they are currently members of, and then add them only to the relevant groups.
Copy Help Desk Role: You can use this feature to create a new helpdesk role by just copying the settings of an existing helpdesk role. Instead of creating a new role from the scratch, this feature allows you to use any existing role as a building block for creating a new role.
Delegation of File Server management tasks: The delegation module brings file server management also under its scope. You can now delegate to helpdesk technicians, the task of modifying or removing the share/NTFS permissions that AD users and groups have on the file servers located in your Active Directory.
- In automation, issue in removing a filter criterion when the value contains special characters has been fixed.
- Helpdesk technicians not being able to change admin passwords which contain special characters has been fixed.
- When applying custom templates, issue in providing a longer user logon name, like a logon name consisting of 20 characters, is now fixed.
- Issue of helpdesk technicians, with super-admin privilege, not being able to access the support tab is now rectified.
- Custom attributes now support multi-value proxyAddresses in single and bulk user creation as well as single user modification.
- Issues in exporting scheduled report to Excel is now fixed
- Issue in denying the 'set as primary group' option during single user creation and single user modification is now fixed.
- Issue in automatic selection of mailbox servers is fixed; this option is now available for Exchange Server versions 2010 and later.
- Changes to domain name not reflecting in the Exchange tab during single user creation is now fixed
- Performance issues in single user modification have been rectified
Build 6241 (Aug 2014)
G Suite User Provisioning: You can now provision G Suite user accounts, automatically, via ADManager Plus. Along with the existing Office 365 user creation ability, this feature makes it easy to manage the users' identities in the cloud.
BitLocker Recovery Keys Report: This report helps in unlocking or recovering data from the drives, which are protected by BitLocker encryption, by fetching their corresponding volume and recovery GUIDs, recovery passwords and also their Key Packages in downloadable format.
Photo-based User Report: This report helps you identify the Active Directory users who have a profile photo. This report also helps you zero in on the users who don't have a profile photo.
- Issue in displaying the default domain during group management operations has been fixed.
- Issue in execution of automation when new files are added to a shared location, which is already being used is fixed now.
- Empty reports issue in scheduled generation of audit reports is now fixed.
- Issue in generating computer reports from MSSQL database has been fixed.
- Issue in removing a distribution group during contact modification is fixed now.
Build 6230 (Jul 2014)
Office 365 Reports:You can now obtain vital details about all the users, groups and licenses of your Office 365 environment using the following new reports:
- All Users: This report gives you the list of all the users in your Office 365 setup.
- License Details: License-specific information such as the list of all licenses, the corresponding number of active units, number of units used, number of units in warning state, suspended units, locked out units, etc. can be obtained via this report.
- Licensed Users: This report lists all the users for whom Office 365 licenses have been assigned, along with the respective list of services assigned to them.
- Unlicensed Users: Using this report you can identify the list of all users who do not have any license assigned to them.
- All Groups: You can fetch the list of all the groups in your Office 365 environment.
- Security Groups: This report helps you identify all the security groups in Office 365 setup along with their last DirSyn time.
- Distribution Groups: This report lists all the distribution groups in your Office 365 setup along with their last DirSync time.
- Issue in opening an exported CSV file, which has Japanese characters, using Japanese version of Excel is fixed.
- Office 365 user attributes have been updated to include the latest changes introduced by Microsoft.
- Issues in applying multiple rules in user modification templates have been fixed.
- Issue in creating a user with more than one proxy address, when Office 365 settings are configured, has been fixed.
- HTML injection vulnerability has been fixed.
- When ADManager Plus is started as a service, the issue of browser process not stopping even after ADManager Plus service is stopped, has been fixed.
- Incorrect account expiry date issue in bulk user modification is corrected.
- Issue in displaying the 'date' field in Excel format has been fixed.
- Issue of 'Reject Message from' value getting changed, when the members attribute of a group is modified, via single group modification, is fixed now.
- Error in saving the user template after deleting the Exchange tab, if Office 365 is enabled in ADManager Plus, has been corrected.
- Issue in selecting OU in 'Real Last Logon' report is now fixed.
Build 6220 (Jun 2014)
Copy User: This feature allows you to copy the attributes/settings of any user account in your Active Directory and use the copied values to create a new:
- User account
- User creation template
The advantage of this feature is, instead of copying a user account entirely, this feature allows you to pick and choose only specific attributes like User Account Control (UAC) attributes, Terminal Services attributes, Custom attributes, etc., that you wish to copy from a user account.
New group-based reports: Active Directory group reporting gets more detailed with the addition of these new reports:
- Recently created groups: fetches all the groups that were created during the specified time frame.
- Recently modified groups: lists all the groups whose attributes were modified within a particular time period.
- Recently deleted groups: identifies all the groups that were deleted from your Active Directory within a specific time span.
- The 'license details' window will now display the product architecture (64/32 bit) information also.
- In bulk user management, if the 'export as' option is used after performing a task/action, the report will also display the type of action performed, in addition to other details like the domain and the objects modified.
- he 'export as' option in Employee Search page can now be hidden by configuring the product database accordingly.
- The naming attributes (Logon name, Pre-windows logon name and Full name) can also be made silently active.
Build 6210 (May 2014)
- Option to customize columns at the time of report scheduling and sort the reports using specific columns included
- Support added for using Microsoft SQL server as a back end database server for ADManager Plus
- NTFS report enhanced to handle large volume of data at the time of exporting
- Issue in deleting memberOf attribute from Group Modification fixed
- Issue in revoking a role under Security Management handled
- Issue in listing C Drive in terminal services home directory resolved
- Issue in increase in db size at the time of report generation fixed
- Issue with change in Logon name at the time of creating an Office 365 user account resolved
Build 6201 (May 2014)
- Issue in appearance of list of week days, at the time of report scheduling handled
- Issue in full name containing special character, at the time of creating a home folder in single user creation, corrected.
- Issue in duplication of row at the time of exporting a report fixed.