Adding a Google account to RecoveryManager Plus
This post will explain how you can add your Google Workspace account to RecoveryManager Plus.
To add your Google Workspace account to RecoveryManager Plus, you’ll require a service ID and/or a service Key.
To create a service account email,
- Navigate to https://console.developers.google.com on your web browser.
- Log in using your Google Workspace administrator account credentials.
- Create a new project with an easily identifiable name such as RecoveryManager Plus.
- Use the search bar at the top of the page, search for and enable the following APIs.
In the left pane, click OAuth consent screen. In the User type field, choose Internal and then click Create. Enter an application name and click Save.
- Gmail API
- People API
- Calendar API
- Google Drive API
- Admin SDK API
In the left pane, click Credentials.
In the right pane, click Create credentials button located at the top and select Service account from the drop-down box.
Enter a name for your service account, provide a description, and click Create.
If necessary, grant this service account access to the project and grant users access to this service account, and click Done.
You will now be able to see the new service account that you created.
The Service Account Email is mentioned in the Email column.
Click on the email address of service account or click the icon against the created service account.
Select Enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation. Note down the Client ID which will be used in the later steps and the Email (Service account Email). Click ADD KEY and then click Create new key. Choose p12 and then click Create. Download the p12 file and click Save.
GO to https://admin.google.com/ on your browser.
From the list of controls displayed, select Security > Advanced settings from the list of options.
Under Domain wide delegation, select Manage domain wide delegation. Click Add new.
In Client ID field, enter the Client ID of the service account which you had copied in step 13. In the OAuth Scopes field, enter the following
Open RecoveryManager Plus and use the administrator email, service account email, and the p12 file from step 13 to configure in RecoveryManager Plus.
Adding a Google Workspace account to RecoveryManager Plus
- Log into RecoveryManager Plus console as an administrator.
- Click the Account Configuration button located at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Google Workspace tab.
- Select the type of account that you wish to add to RecoveryManager Plus.
Adding a personal Google account
- Personal account: Selecting this option will allow you to add a personal Google account to RecoveryManager Plus.
- Workspace account: Selecting this option will allow you to add a Google Workspace account to RecoveryManager Plus. Once added, you can configure a backup schedule for all users in the workspace.
- Enter the email address of the user.
- In the Credentials JSON field, click the Browse button and select the appropriate p12 file which you had downloaded in the prerequisites.
- Click Configure to add the user account to RecoveryManager Plus.
- In the page that appears, allow RecoveryManager Plus to access the following information and click Allow.
Adding a Workspace account
- Read, compose, send, and permanently delete all your email from Gmail
- See, edit, create, and delete all of your Google Drive files
- See, edit, download, and permanently delete your contacts
- See, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google Calendar
- Enter the e-mail address of the administrator.
- Provide the Service Account ID from prerequisites.
- In the Service Key field, click the Browse button and select the p12 file which you had downloaded in the prerequisites.
- Click Configure to add the Workspace to RecoveryManager Plus.
Your Google Workspace account has now been added to RecoveryManager Plus and you can create a backup schedule per your needs.
New to ADSelfService Plus?